We use a range of eco-friendly materials made from natural resources in our line of disposable and reusable food service supplies. Some of the common materials that you can expect to see in our products includes:
Bamboo is the fastest growing plant on the planet, growing as large as 24 inches every day.
It requires very little water to grow and is harvested with absolutely zero chemicals. It is 100% biodegradable. It is one of our most popular materials for making sturdy and stylish serving dishes, spoons, and baskets.
- Sugarcane, also called Pulp or Bagasse, comes from the natural residue of sugarcane harvest. Before it became possible to transform sugarcane into a usable material, it was considered a useless byproduct of sugar production and destroyed. However, our design team has been able to find several good uses for it. It is 100% biodegradable and compostable.
Cornstarch PLA OR CPLA
- Once it is converted to a thermoplastic polyester known as PLA, cornstarch is as strong as regular plastic, only it is completely compostable. While it can't withstand high temperatures, PLA is a versatile material that can be used in a variety of ways.
- PacknWood cultivates the best wood from specially curated forests located all over the world.
- We systematically grow our trees to make our products and we replace every tree we use.
- Whether it is birch, poplar or pinewood, our extensive line of wood products will add a smooth and sophisticated touch to your tableware presentation.
Recycled & Recyclable Plastic (PET)
- Polyethylene terephthalate, or PET, is a recycled plastic made from fossil fuels like natural gas. We use it to make bottles and other transparent products. PET is recyclable, ensuring that the material is sustainable and leaves the smallest possible footprint on the environment.
- We make elegant and eco-friendly bowls and plates by collecting the sheaths of a palm tree,
- which naturally dry, fall, and regenerate on their own. It is a completely renewable process. Our palm sheathes are cleaned in fresh spring water. The best part is that we don’t ever have to cut down a single tree to make our line of palm products.
CARDBOARD & PAPER
Our cardboard and paper products are natural and recyclable. They are an affordable green alternative to plastic.
Cotton can be utilized in both single use and reusable applications for napkins, tablecloths, and other food service supplies. It is biodegradable and chemical-free.
Reed or Wheat
Reed or wheat can be used to create biodegradable and compostable straws. The resulting products look high end and are very durable.
Percaline is a light cotton fabric that can have a glossy side. It can be used for outdoor tablecloths and in other applications, instead of laminated or plastic-lined fabrics.
Metal food service supplies such as skewers are sanitary, sturdy, and infinitely reusable. When not in use, metal materials can be melted down and used in other applications.
Glass is the original eco-friendly material. It is reusable, clean-looking, and can be recycled easily through community recycling programs.